Julia Shahin Collard
Julia Shahin Collard’s art has been published in the Los Angeles Times, as well as exhibited in the Venice Art Walk and other shows. She was honored to have a solo art show at Villa Musica in San Diego in 2013. In February 2014, she was selected as SCBWI’s Featured Illustrator, she was the OC Illustrators’ Featured Artist in May 2014, and she won an Honorable Mention in 3×3 Magazine’s 2015 Annual Show.
– BFA in Film & TV Production from NYU = screenwriting, storyboarding & visual storytelling experience.
– MBA in Art Management & Finance from UCLA = professional attitude; will meet deadlines.
– Member of SCBWI: Lifelong desire to write and illustrate books = drive and internal motivation.
– Ran a marathon
– Climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro
– Traveled to all seven continents
– Starred in an MTV pilot that never aired
– Nicknamed “Spreadsheet” by her friends for her Excel prowess
– Get patent, get on Shark Tank (shh, top secret!)
– Perform a stand up comedy routine in front of large appreciative crowd
– Live off the grid in an urban environment
– Win the Caldecott (not-so-random aspiration)
For publishing inquiries, please contact Kerry Sparks at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to working on picture books, Julia is open to freelance illustration work including covers, interior spots, and maps (all for traditionally published books only, please).
Julia can be reached at: julia @ nomadicconcepts.com
Explore My Art
Illustrations, Fine Art, and more